Saturday, September 19, 2009

Think again.

It struck me yesterday that what I really want in life was either I leave it all, i.e. becoming an ascetic wtf, or, I live to fulfill my sole duty (highly subjective) - to save humanity from the unseen dangers. Don't get the wrong ideas. Olomok.

This is the first time I've ever gotten this gush-rush to do serious blogging, and political jocularity aside, I'm not gonna blog about some scandals and some (subjective:) idiotic interaction between humans that does nothing (not exactly) but worsen the conditions that I'm exclusively concerned about. Well first thing's first, I need to make my stand crystal clear that I am not giving you the "I hate politics" cliche, I fully understand politics govern our lives whether we like it or not, but sometimes it's just nothing but a jerk. Some people (up there, or even down here) just get overly obsessed and, well, suck at realizing the whole main point of all these. Politics, is elusive. Big ouch.

Okay, mundane talk squeezed to another corner. Obviously people will know where I took my blogpost title from - NatGeo's tagline. So enough said, my concern is nothing but the potential harms that people are not aware, and eerily enough, they're all around you. Boy, I really wonder how Atomic Man would live to see such pain in humanity. I would give up, full of despair.

Not now though. So people, what I'm about to convey, with proper reference, is true in consent of scientists from different specializations, and I really appreciate if you take it seriously, properly, spread it wisely, apply it correctly.

Yesterday I was watching NatGeo's Weird Days on Planet Earth: Oceans. I was filled with trivia and awestruck beyond sense, but was inspired to spread the awareness when they showed this:

Yes, a fucking molecule structure. I myself was intensely “jawdropped” over my “enigmatic” molecule-structure-fetish. Ish.

This molecule is called bisphenol-A, contains two phenol groups, which by the way are benzene alcohols, which, by the way, are used in plastics. YES, the PLASTIC. Itu PLASTIK. Oh boy did that hurt. Plastics really have gone too far this time, or maybe, humans.

According to the program, bisphenol-A tends to leach from certain plastic polymers. What’s the point of knowing? Well, you’d be really worried to hear this – research by the FDA has proven the chemical to be highly toxic, genetically. Some nano-portions of leaches by the plastic of this devastating chemical infected some large population of aquatic lives – setting “time bombs in their genes” so as they say. This toxin disrupts hormone levels and of course degrades cell development. Figure out the consequences!

If you think you’re safe, THINK AGAIN. Yes, the world is FAIR. You hurt mother Gaia, you pay, the only way to salvation is to go GREEN.

And attention to people who have babies at home, NEVER EVER EVER EVER use plastic milk bottles. Do you know that plastic milk bottles that have been washed with warm water leaches 10 TIMES more bisphenol-A? Good for health, huh? This is really why I see humans as pathetic, they don’t care when earth’s life is at stake; they run like a mad duck when it concerns THEIR “stuff”. Use glass ones for God’s sake. At least it’s recyclable.

Not tryna make a fuss out of everything I see. But, wake up, people! We have no time.

I don’t really enjoy it when certain people relate the effects of global warming ONLY to be the painstaking efforts to survive the temperature or ice caps melting and apocalypse etc., for they are blind. It’s really selfish, that you don’t care about the fish. Why should we? Simple. We are of the same compounds, we are no different. It’s your bloody self-consciousness that makes it “different”.

Global warming, mainly caused by the raising concentration of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, is actually more hazardous than some raise in temperature or apocalypse crap. I am more concerned about crabs than craps though. The raise in temperature actually causes the coral to lose its beauty, say ecologists with proper research. Worse still, the raise in concentration of carbon dioxide DISSOLVES in water to form carbonic ACID. Coccolithophore, a basic alga that becomes food of many aquatic creatures, become cacated all because their calcite coverings are attacked by the pH level of this.

Think again: Do we really want to release so much carbon dioxide? How did we achieve this? Look again; you might wanna stop driving when it’s like, freaking 10 centimeters away from your house. Walk, cycle. Lose that tyre of yours, and at the same time salvation comes closer.

I know I really sound offensive; I’ve always known I’m abhorrent.

But eat this: WAKE UP PEOPLE.

Think twice before you throw that empty plastic bag, you might be feeding some albatross from Midway Atoll that mistakes it for baby food.

Bože, zachránit ty lidi!

3 comments:

Justine said...

Wowzers, very intense! But I read every word! Have been reading up on Chapter 17, hmm? Hehe. I flipped through the chapter earlier today, too. Saw the pictures and were a bit horrified. :( Humans need to be on a mission to Save Mother Earth! Hopefully each little part we play will make a difference in the big picture. =) Hehe.

Andre Tan said...

olomok!!!! I forgot we were supposed to read that. thanks for reminding!! :) by the way, i forgot, remember the other day i was abt to tell you sth? I wanted to suggest doing another campaign like the al-gore one we're on, but about plastic bottles ADPians use. Pollution etc. Well we see lah :)

Justine said...

Oh? Okie dokie! =)