Tuesday, August 18, 2009

girls night out. with a guy. adui.

Last night had been nonetheless a wonderful night because I (conveniently) did not go to the library at night to study and use the American Heritage dictionary to word-hunt in preparation of the SAT exam, which (like duh) I am apprehensive about. Like deuh.

This balk on my
incessant diligence was abrupt but favorable. (I am still resilient.) Apparently, my ex-housemate from Penang (our boss Mandy) and her elder sis are around Subang just in time for dinner. Sweet. We (Mandy, her sis, Christine, Kai Xian and I) went out for dinner at Street Café, “elusively” for the 20% discount. Hah. We had fun with the usual rhetorical talk (hah, who am I kidding, I mean gossip) on what had been going on in and around the household, as well as our personal, okay maybe not so personal, adversities. We share a certain equal amount of grudge on certain people. Hint hint. No kidding. And also laughed hard at Kai Xian’s dare by Elise’s gang to go hit on Street Café’s (as perceived by the girls) manly boss. Hysterical.

After dinner, we felt like having an extra cup of drink somewhere else, probably thanks to the high monosodium glutamate amount in the food we took. Geez. Well, it was notwithstanding the rather vile weather, a great idea to have some iced sparkling juice which comprised 99% sugar. Sweet, indeed. At the mean time, we did have some
innocuous games of Jenga blocks! Brilliant game, I’d say. (Bear with me, no photos available, yet. Wait till I get home. Takde cable.) The last round was totally awesome, where we were 4 steps to total game completion. We were pros; I have to say, because the base was basically 4 sets of crosses.

However, the day had been the worst Calculus day I’d ever had. I mean, how castigating is being stuck at the second sub-question of your assignment, not knowing what or where you’ve gone wrong, being toyed around by your weak logic, then finding out your graph is wrong after 4 hours? Jesus. I almost
dieded! Hoc est bellum, Calculus! I shall tame your wild obscene soul (with propriety of course, I ain’t no barbarian)! Or maybe just beat the bejesus out of you. For the first time in my life, the calculator seems so repugnant. I really prefer manual calculation a lot! Or maybe I just need a calculator with larger buttons. Heh.

Word of advice to calculus students (on integration) etc.: Make sure your graph is always correct! The hard part is never the integration; it’s always the wrong graph misleading you to take the path of superfluous calculations what the bunny.

Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should!

No comments: